Mold And Mildew Removal
How To Keep Your Home Healthy, Happy And Free Of Mold And Mildew Existing In Your Carpet
Call us today at 424-332-1755 for your mold and mildew needs!
Many people think that once a carpet dries, it is all good to go. They assume that once the fibers of a carpet are no longer wet, that the carpet is as good as new and won’t need a good, deep cleaning. These people, however, are oh so wrong! Water spillage on your carpets can be more harmful than you might think. Even though water is clear and will not leave behind a stain, it will certainly leave behind a damp carpet under the surface that will induce mold and mildew growth. If the top of your carpet feels dry, that does not mean that the bottom of the carpet fibers, near the base of the floor, are dry. Because these fibers are not on the surface and do not get as much fresh air, they take longer to dry and can embed water deep in the fabric, under the sunlight, leaving the carpet fabric damp.
When dampness is present, mold and mildew will definitely start to grow. Mold and mildew comes in many different forms. It is not always the bright green mold like the mold you find on bread. Mold can be white, which means that it can blend into your carpet and you might never even notice it. Mold can also be brown, black, or any number of different colors. Because of this, it may be difficult to detect on your carpet- it may go unnoticed for any amount of time!
When mold is left unattended to, it will get worse and worse. Not only will it become more difficult to remove from your carpets, but it will also be a continuous health hazard. Breathing in mold and mildew air and residue can have harmful effects on those living in your home and can cause respiratory issues. You want the air you live in and breathe to be clean and clear, and that starts and ends with your carpets.
Imagine you have a toilet or bathtub overflow in your home. It may overflow outside of the bathroom and land on the carpet in your bedroom or the room or hallway outside of the bathroom. This water will seep into the carpet and make it wet and damp, often with waste or soapy water that become feeding grounds for mold, mildew and bacteria to grow. You want to make sure that you have this taken care of and cleaned up immediately, as you don’t want your pets to lick it up, and you also don’t want to be stepping on it. A short term solution, before a professional cleaning service gets there, is to try and use paper towels to get up as much of the excess moisture and liquid as you can. Make sure that you just pat it though, and be sure not to rub or scrub it down further into your carpet.
Mold and mildew can also grow under your carpets and ruin your floorboards and the flooring below the carpets. When this happens, the mold and mildew can eat away at the floor and structure of your home, which can cause irreparable damage. Making sure you have your carpets cleaned and checked for mold, even if it is not noticeable, is a great way to prevent excessive mold growth on top of, or below, your carpets. When you have a major spill or a rainstorm, or anything that causes excess moisture to reach your carpets inside your home, it is a good idea to have your carpets cleaned. Mold and mildew carpet cleaning after your carpet gets wet is a smart idea in that it makes sure your carpet is both cleaned and properly dried so that none of the carpet fibers are even damp or slightly wet. When the surface feels dry but the fibers below are damp, mold and mildew will for sure grow. So Call us today at 424-332-1755 for your mold and mildew carpet cleaning needs!